Monday, July 7, 2008

A Lan Party and Rockband

On Saturday, I got together with a bunch of high school friends and had a blast! My good friend Jake is on leave from Iraq for a few weeks so we took advantage of the situation and had a LAN Party. Basically this means we bring our computers to a centralized location to wire them together for some multi-player gaming. It's nerd heaven.

Phil and Cody with their laptops. We were in Jeff's basement.


Jeff and Taylor discuss the nuances of battlefield strategy.


Jake with his laptop and coke and my computer. There were only six of us, but it was great getting the guys together for some nerd gaming action. It was very nice to see Jake, too!


Later that night, we had the wives and children together for a barbecue. I failed to take any pictures at the barbecue - which failing I now lament - but was able to get some pictures of the Rockband session afterward!

We took our song ("More than a Feeling, by Boston") very seriously.


Jackson (Jeff and Amy's son) was bustin' moves left and right!


Steve throws down his drum mojo while Levi (Brandi's husband) rocks out in back.


As the lead singer, you are called on to play the tambourine (I like to say it's cowbell) by tapping on the microphone. "We need more cowbell!"


The girls totally wasted us. (As a side note, however, I will mention that they were playing on easy, while we were playing on hard!)


Brandi really put her soul into those vocals, and Amy played that Axe like a rock goddess. I was truly blown away.


Did we have fun? I think Corianne's expression says it all...


On Sunday we went over to Shannon and Andrew's place to eat with them and play with their cats. I've previously posted about the cats on my sister's blog when I was house-sitting for her and Andrew. Those cats are a riot! :) Pumba posed for me in the shot below...

Adorable.


I snapped this shot coming home from their place. It's out in Herriman.


This one, too.

That's all!

-Barry

6 comments:

  1. Barry rock band looks so fun! We should seriously invest in it! :) The pictures you took are awesome, except it looks like we live out in the boonies...oh wait, we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lan parties... you've gotta be kidding me, right? I can't believe we're moving back into that! However, Rock Band looks freaking awesome! Count us in!!
    PS- Are you doing the sprint tri. with Brandy? If so, when is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds like my husbands idea of the celestial kingdom. Yes, he is that big of a nerd, but you probably already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that looks like so much fun! You are having a blast out there, You make me miss it:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you and your friends had a fun time with the LAN party. It's good thing to do every once in a while!

    Have you ever heard of 6 Hour Power? I work for them and think it's a great drink for marathon gaming sessions such as the one you had. It provides long-lasting energy while also enhancing concentration and performance.

    It's also sugar free, has zero calories, and comes in 5 different tasty flavors: grape, punch, berry, orange, and lemon lime. You should check them out at http://www.6hrpower.com/

    By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. If you want more info or have any questions feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I'd really like to know what you think of the 6 Hour Power energy shot!

    Franklin Keane
    Brand Ambassador
    Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. FirstBourne Thanks for the Blog,
    FirstBoure is a five piece arena rock/power metal band from Boston, MA with guitarist Mike Kerr, vocalist Adrienne Cowan, bassist Ven Thangaraj & guitarist Jimmy Olivera

    ReplyDelete