Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Seven Peaks!

Part of what makes summer amazing and uniquely fun from the other seasons is the inevitable hot weather that leads to swimming, boating, and other activities in the water. I've decided to make playing in the water an integral part of this summer by buying a season pass to Seven Peaks.

I normally wouldn't make such a purchase, but the price was insanely cheap and I've really come to like my Mexican tan. See, typically, my skin will get dark with a vacation, but then fade back into it's natural "silly putty" color, only to darken again with another vacation or three-day weekend spent in the sun. This process repeats itself two or three times in any given summer and leads to much rejoicing with the sexy darkness and much weeping when I realize the tan line on my back has once again faded into the color of my butt.

Anyway, today I spent a few hours out there with my friend, Steve, and his girlfriend, Emily. It's never too weird being the third wheel with them, because they're both cool and don't get too much into the cutesy cuddly zone with each other. In other words, they're still functioning, communicative people when together. However, I did come to the conclusion that I need to find me a girlfriend and subsequently convince her to get a Seven Peaks season pass. If I find a girlfriend that already has one, things are even better. Plus, she could lay out with Emily while Steve and I ride the crazy slides.

Today Steve and I rode this:
And this:

And this:


And I realized that while I don't really get nervous for roller coasters anymore, I STILL get nervous about water slides. I think this stems from the fact that there is no seat belt holding you in. There is no safety bar. And there's always that chance that a freak gust of wind comes up and just lifts you away from the slide to your untimely death on concrete. I know, I know... it's not likely that it would happen, but the thought DOES linger in the back of my head. For now, the only damage from the slides was a sore butt cheek. I think I'll live.

-Barry

P.S. I couldn't find any real pictures of these slides. My drawings are entirely accurate, however. ;)

6 comments:

  1. The drawings are very good, might be worth something one day! You need a girlfriend REGARDLESS of a pass! You are far to good a catch to be single.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, looking at that last picture, my stomache actually turned a little! It made me nervous thinking about it! I just stick to the mellow slides :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The drawings are little masterpieces. Perhaps you should abandon photography and venture into the world of charcoal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the boomerang. I have yet to try the Vortex, and the free fall still scares me to this day. while I do not have season-pass, I want to go once this summer, so give me a holler via facebook or something and i'll join you in festive fun! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the freefall so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I just found your blog. How exciting is that? So now we can be friends via blogging too! YEAH!

    PS. seven peaks = awesome

    ReplyDelete