Friday, December 19, 2008

I should do these kinds of things...

...but I usually only help create them.

My sister had a great idea for a Christmas card this year, so she enlisted in my photoshop / photography skills and together we made this:

(click to enlarge)

To get the photobooth effect, we went into the bathroom where a plethora of large bulbs provides a steady, diffused glow, and draped a blanket over the door. I sat on the sink and zoomed in tight to get that snuggly / cramped feeling you get in a photobooth. It worked out great!

The background was a collaboration of creative ideas of ours.

Next on the list was a card I helped my mom create:
Something more simple than the other card. I took this picture of the shed last year just after dusk, and knew instantly that it would become the next year's Christmas card photo.

I've never thought to make my own Christmas card, though. Maybe next year I'll break tradition and make one of my own.

-Barry

2 comments:

  1. you are incredibly talented. i love both of the cards. great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry thank you, thank you, thank you, you soo generously share your talents! I LOVE our cards this year, next year the flash cards arrive!!!!

    ReplyDelete