Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tired, but thrilled.

I shot my first wedding today, and I'm exhausted. It was such a great experience, though. I can easily say that since the purchase of my first digital camera (a lousy point and shoot with no zoom) way back in 2003, no single day has seen a larger jump in personal photographic talent development than today. My sister, Shannon, who has a great eye for photography and who is exceptionally talented at directing and posing people, accompanied me throughout the day, and together we were a pretty deft photographic duo. We had a lot of fun!

I can't show you any of the images yet, because I have yet to give them to the bride, but I'm brimming with excitement at the prospect of showing you our work. So many shots turned out exceptionally well. And while we have a long way to go to being on par with the elite among wedding photographers, I don't doubt that we produced a much higher quality of work than most get with their first wedding.

I promise to post the pictures as soon as I give them to the client.

-Barry

4 comments:

  1. Barry, We can't thank you enough for your hard work and team effort. We are so excited to see the finished product. Your future looks bright, and we are proud to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day, wasn't it? We did good work together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grats on the wedding gig! I'm sure you did wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete