Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scary Place!


Last night we decided to go visit an old, abandoned house in Spanish Fork, Utah. I don't know the history of the house, nor do I remember what it is called, but my friend, Scott, calls it the "redrum" house - a reference to some graffiti on a back wall that pays homage to the movie, "The Shining."

Due to the horribly bitter cold, I didn't take many pictures. Also, we were out there only a few minutes when we heard a dog start barking like crazy from what seemed like inside the house. When the bark suddenly grew louder (as if the dog had run out of the back of the house) we ran for our lives. It sounded really big and really mean.

(Scott and Laura brave the cold for a picture with the house)

As you can see from the pictures, the house is quite beautiful. It's a shame it's abandoned. I think it could be stunning if renovated. You wonder why it's been abandoned. These places are rarely haunted, but you never know. I look forward to going back when it's warmer. :)

Click on this one for the larger version. You can tell that the poor house is in really bad condition by the way the interior is rotting away.


-Barry

5 comments:

  1. I am glad that no one got bitten by a big, scary, ghost dog. :) Good luck with going back when it's warmer (which in Utah could be next month or in three months). You'll have to update us when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not mentioning the fact that I swore when we booked it. Oh wait I guess I just mentioned that.

    Anyway, where are the pictures of the moon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sad! the dog was probably a stray! i want to fix that house! so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you went out to the redrum house--and at night. Don't you know the fate you're tempting?
    I'm glad you survived.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We grew up quite near that place (I'm AJ's sister). Rumor has it that it was used by a "gang" of devilworshipers before being partially gutted and rennovated (for safety) in about '99 or 2000 for use in a movie (the title of which I never learned) But I remember when the movie crew was there, it was fun to drive by and try to see what they were up to.

    ReplyDelete