Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fourth of July!

We went down to visit my grandparents in Hurricane, Utah for the Fourth of July this year. Between barbecues, water fights, movies, and fireworks we had such a great time! I can't say enough how much I love visiting my grandparents. They're amazing people and tons of fun.


The clouds were absolutely beautiful on Friday!


On Friday night nature put on a little firework show of its own.


Does anyone else see Jabba the Hut in that cloud?


We had breakfast in a little park in town and watched the annual Fourth of July parade.


This little guy sat next to me and was entirely fascinated with the firetrucks and police cars that led the parade.


Everyone stood as the veterans passed with the flag.


That night, we lit fountains in front of the house.


To capture them, I left my shutter open for anywhere between 5 and 15 seconds, trying all the while to hold the camera very, very still.


Watching the show...


Shan and Andrew (or "Shandrew" as we affectionately call them) admire the pyrotechnics.

Man, I love the Fourth.

-Barry

4 comments:

  1. you need to come to texas. best clouds i've EVER seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun indeed! so glad we came down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun 4th of July!

    I spent mine dealing with the hundreds of people that came into the ranger station...and the injured Great Horned Owl we kept in our basement for the day. Good times...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Jabba before even reading the caption!

    ReplyDelete