Thursday, August 6, 2009

The best salsa I've had in a long time...


The brand is called "Garden Fresh Gourmet: Jack's Santa Fe Style Black Bean and Corn"

This salsa has a very fresh, clean flavor with no strange plasticky aftertastes like you get from other salsas. The hints of black bean and corn are just enough to make the salsa unique, without overpowering the other ingredients. It's absolutely delicious.

We picked it up at Smith's, though other grocers might also carry it. Scott chose the "Mild" variety, which is really good, but I like my salsa to have a kick so if I bought it again I'd get at least "Medium" heat.


If you get it, let me know what you think!

-Barry

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you'd become a food critic Barry! We'll done on the carreer choice. However, I must make a suggestion for the new slogan for your salsa. Here we go, "Garden Fresh Gourmet: Jack's Santa Fe Style Black Bean and Corn Salsa, burns going out just like it did comin in!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That We'll I put in there should be a Well. I have a rare condition that causes me to include apostrophe's when they're not necessary... It's called Dumbassitosis. It's very contagious... especially among blondes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Anonymous, your "burnin" comment is hilarious. I'm sorry you suffer from such a horrible condition with the apostrophes and all, but don't let that prevent you from posting. :)

    ReplyDelete