Thursday, October 1, 2009

Peruvian Food is Good

Scott, David and I went to a little restaurant on Center Street in Provo called "Se Llama Peru," or - in English - "It's Called Peru."

The food was excellent. We all got the Lomo Saltado - a dish of succulently fried beef, tomatoes, and onions laid over a bed of french fries and served with rice. There is a slightly spicy, slightly tangy dipping sauce that almost resembles the salad dressing from Cafe Rio. Yes, it could very well be an entree on This is Why You're Fat.com, but it's relatively cheap (9 bucks for three meals worth of food) and delicious.


If you're in Provo, and you'd like to stray from the norm, I'd thoroughly recommend it. :)

-Barry

2 comments:

  1. I went to that "fat" website and holy moly! That is crazy. The worst part is that I have seen, with my own eyes, some of those actual dishes. I did not say I've eaten any of them, OK, except for the fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich and it was at the county fair. And I would eat it again, given the chance. But still. Ewh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless there is more than one Peruvian restaurant on Center Street downtown, then Jeff and I really like that restaurant! We always got the pupusas, because they are inexpensive and way yummy.

    ReplyDelete