Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer Storm

Utah needs more crazy summer lightning storms like the one we had tonight - a meteorological wonder that sprayed rain so hard it sounded like hail and in which lightning danced so furiously and with such frequency, you'd have thought the neighbors were raving with strobe lights.


It started, as most storms do, with an incredible cloudscape. This is where I wish I had an ultra-wide angle lens.


At the northern end of the valley, there was a break in the clouds.


The texture in these clouds makes me want to touch them.


I sat out front for a little while trying to capture some lightning from the shelter of the front porch. This is actually a composite of three or four lightning shots.


This was my favorite single exposure of the lightning. :)

-Barry

1 comment:

  1. Those are awesome pictures of the lightning sir. Great job.

    ReplyDelete