Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pictures From the Fourth of July

We celebrated with a bunch of family over, played games in the backyard, and watched fireworks. I ate exactly one bratwurst, one Nathan's hot dog, half a hamburger, potato salad, chips, watermelon, jello salad, four Cokes, two ice cream sandwiches, and a lemon bar. If you ask why I tell you that, you don't understand the true meaning of the Fourth of July. :)


We played a game where you had to throw these ball things onto a pipe thing and had a blast with it. We had a tournament with brackets and everything.


Cheryl, Brent, Shannon and Andrew. Just enjoying the back yard.







Tyler approves of the festivities.


Leaves in the late-afternoon sun. Ah... summer.


My sister-in-law, Ashlyn, and her sister, Briana.


Steve and Dad go head to head.


Steve and Ryan were kicked out of the tournament. Tyler offered little consolation.







Nature's fireworks.


My handsome brothers.








Shan and Andrew.


Chad and Allie.


This pic is blurry, but I loved my intensity and Dad's macho pose. :)


Home made ice cream sandwiches. *Drool*


More of nature's fireworks.


Most of our fireworks were fountains up on a ladder. They're so much cooler that way. Sadly, I have no pictures of our other, more "awesome" fireworks.


Sparkly....


We gave everyone sparklers and opened the shutter on the camera for 30 seconds. I like how it turned out. :)

-Barry

5 comments:

  1. very cool...and the ladder idea is fabulous, i might be stealing that one for the 24th! (and that game you were playing with the golf balls and pipes we randomly call "horseballs"...kinda like horseshoes, but with balls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. horseballs, lmao. what a lovely tradition. what did you guys spell out? I see that it's 4 letters and starts with f... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 4 lettered word huh? Your skill are incredible, the things you can do with a camera!
    And, did you make the horseball game? And maybe you should hang a set of those from underneath your car:O

    ReplyDelete
  4. The game is actually called "Bongo Ball." Don't ask me how I know that but I did grow up in the backwoods of TN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually thought the F resembled more of an E. At first glance, I see the word, "Everyone." See what you like, though, I guess. ;)

    And thank you all for the clarification on the ball game thing.

    ReplyDelete