Saturday, July 3, 2010

That Wouldn't Be Weird... Would It?

Let's say there's this incredibly popular movie about a regular teenage boy and his two love interests. Both are gorgeous, almost perfectly attractive, teenage girls. Each possesses a supernatural power, adding mystery and intrigue to their adorable personalities. The movie follows the drama that ensues between them, with each beautiful girl vying for the love of the teenage boy.

Now let's imagine that the great majority of grown men in the country are obsessed with this movie and the books that begat the movie. They idolize these teenage girls as the "perfect" women and fawn over them to the point of cheering when they appear half naked on screen. With every new movie or book that comes out, they attend with their guy friends (because their wives/girlfriends just wouldn't understand) and return home with delusional ideas of what their wives/girlfriends should be like.

That wouldn't be weird... would it?

-Barry

8 comments:

  1. What saddens me are the reports I hear of "Twilight" actually ruining real relationships. They're fictional characters that women are deluding themselves by thinking that their significant other can be an "Edward" or a "Jacob".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to post an article on my blog about this! Its gotten WAY out of hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahaha barry, you're great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What ever floats your boat.
    Zach Efron could be the lead with Miley Cyrus and Ashley Tisdale as love rivals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA! I LOVE IT and wholeheartedly agree! I loathe Twilight. LOATHE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cathy! I liked the books, i've seen the movies. But honestly it's more than a little creepy that 30+ year old women are swooning over teenage boys. Isn't that called pedophilia? So yes, I agree with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I recently came across your blog [after looking up a picture of 'technology and kip' for my blog] I love this post, it's hilarious.

    I did end up using the picture, but gave you credit! Go check my blog out!

    ReplyDelete