Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Party on the Mount

I drove home from the gym tonight under a party in the sky. Seriously. Lightning bolts flashed with such rabid tempestuousness and stunning regularity that I'd have thought Zeus was raving on ecstasy, swinging immortal light sticks with the ferocity only a party in Olympus can bring. And with each strike, my only thought was on my camera at home, waiting for me to take it outside to capture the show. I wasn't able to get many shots before the rain came, but I was happy with these two.





The first was just serendipitous in the placement of the lightning, and the second, while mostly devoid of lightning, provided some excellent cloud detail.

-Barry

1 comment:

  1. those are amazing! i love the first shot! the last 2 nights have been incredible with the lightening...it's a photographer's heaven!

    ReplyDelete